Friday, April 26, 2013

2 Wonderful Weeks of Judah!

It's hard to believe that my sweet baby boy is already two weeks old. It feels like just yesterday I was at the birth center with husband and we were holding him for the first time. How time flies! Here are some things Judah has learned at two weeks old:

- he loves to hold hands while he nurses. This melts my heart. :)

- he hates. HATES. Diaper changes. I keep telling myself that they are slowing growing on him. Someday he will love them! Maybe.

- he has started kicking is feet and legs. So much fun to watch.

- he loves his daddy.

- he is a chow hound. This boy loves to get his grub on. :)

- he has his mamas Irish temper. Dear. Oh. Dear.

- he loves cuddling. It's our favorite activity so far.

- he has found his thumbs. And he loves them!

- his favorite way to sleep is with a blanket covering this ears and back of his head. It's so cute!

Here are some things this Mama has learned in the past two weeks:

- motherhood makes you do weird things. Like digging for boogers in your kids nose without a second thought. Weird.

- when baby hates diaper changes you will do just about anything to get them done in the quickest amount of time.

- you might have a newborn if every time your baby makes a noise or face you and your spouse look at each other and say "he is so cute!" Or "I love him so much" and quickly grab your iPhone to take a picture.

- the overwhelming love for this baby boy is something I've never experienced before and it brings me to tears thinking about how much I love him.

- there is something about hearing your child cry that makes you want to stop everything and make everything better for them.

I can't imagine life without my sweet Judah. I'm so thankful for my amazing husband who I get to travel this journey of parenthood with.










1 comment: