Friday, December 30, 2011

What's For Dinner!


Last night for dinner I attempted a new recipe for ribs.. and WOW!  That was quite the experience...I started with some sweet potato fries, mixed with olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper-- pop those delicious morsels in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.  Now my ribs had been cooking in the crock pot all day.. smelling so tasty!  I had this special rub of paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper on them, then when the fries where close to being finished I took them out of the crock pot and my new recipe said to broil them in the oven.  Broil, previous to this recipe I have NEVER used the broil option on my oven---talk about cooking blind!  Now keep in mind that my perfect sweet potato fries are still in the oven-- I put the ribs on a pan, add the BBQ sauce flip the oven switch to broil (most evil word in the English language!) and pop the ribs in the oven.  Seconds... seriously seconds!  I see a stream of smoke.. so embarrassing yes smoke coming from the back burner--- I yank the oven door down, and quickly, like super sonic speed, pull the sweet potato fries out--- some were lost, they fought a good fight... we had a memorial, and enjoyed the rest in their honor.  Now, broil--I hate the word-- not only burned my fries, but we also have hyper sensitive smoke alarms.  Imagine with me, a few puffs of smoke, I flip on every fan and open every window possible, and still every 5 minutes the smoke alarm is going off.  Imagine me running back and forth from the kitchen to the bedroom waving a towel in front of the alarm to make it shut up!  I was bitter.... just a little. Yikes!  In the end, dinner was finished, and the ribs came out so tasty, like finger licking good--- makes me hungry just thinking about those ribs... Needless to say broil will forever be an example of a "Magillacuddy" moment in our lives.  Do you have any funny cooking stories?  Don't forget to press the follow button and check back regularly!  See ya soon!

I've added an "I Love Lucy" that reminds me of my "broil" moments, can you relate to this, take a gander and let me know :)






No comments:

Post a Comment